Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DiaBlessings

I was diagnosed in October of 2005, and since that happened I like to think that the hour glass of my life was flipped over and shaken a lot. It's been a very rough road traveled, and I don't expect it to get any easier, and I'll do my best to not let it get worse, but regardless I'm always going to walk through each obstacle with my head held high. I just wanted to share the things I'm grateful for, or that I appreciate. I'm grateful for the fact that I can sit here right now, type this blog and listen to music. I'm grateful each and every morning that I made it through the night with nothing bad happening. I appreciate the people who make artificial insulin, so all of us Diabetics can use it and stay healthy. I appreciate a simple smile from someone, whether it be a stranger or my best friend. I appreciate someone cheering me up when I'm in a bad mood. I appreciate it when someone lends me a quarter when I go low so I can run to the soda machine and fix my low BG. I'm grateful for my BG meter. I'm above and beyond grateful for whenever I go to my brothers house, and his son looks at me and runs full speed into my arms. I'm grateful for baby Gary being such a crazy monkey and ALWAYS making me laugh without fail. I appreciate music that I can connect to on an emotional level, because sometimes music is all I have to cry with. I'm grateful for finding the DOC on twitter and reading all of their blogs, and finding out that there's tons of people fighting the same fight day in and day out as I am. I appreciate not feeling alone anymore. With all the negatives Diabetes has handed me, I thank you Diabetes for making me the strong person that I am. Without you I would have never known just how strong and capable I really was of overcoming anything. Thank you for making me grow up too fast. I appreciate that, from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard it said that it doesn't get better but it does get easier. Or is it, it doesn't get easier but it does get better? Either way, I find that although things are the same, they are also different and we are better able to manage.

    I'm thankful to have "met" you and learn more about you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete