Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Open Letter

This is an open letter to the girl I love...

As I type this, my eyes are full of tears. You make me more happy than I could ever describe in words, but I'm going to try my best to make sure you know how happy you make me, and how thankful I am to have you as my girlfriend.

Just a few years ago, diabetes could have taken my life from me, and we would have never crossed paths. I think about that often, and just think of how glad I am that I survived it. Because not only did I pull through it for me, I pulled through it for you.

I lost my home to hurricane Irene, and your family took me in for the weekend. I love your family for that. All of you are so amazing. Thank you for being you, you are the most beautiful person on the inside and out. Thank you for being there for me when I couldn't stop crying. Thank you for being the sweetest, most beautiful, caring, adorkable girl in the world. I can go on and on about how much I love you for being in my life, but I'll leave that to my actions instead of my words.

Thank you Ashley, for picking my heart up off the ground and comforting it through such a dark part of my life, and making me see how bright the light truly is.

I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness! Now I have tears in my eyes. You guys are just so cute & sweet. I'm glad you found each other. And I better get an invitation to the wedding, dammit. :P

    Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love!! Beautiful post. You guys are awesome apart so together...woah!

    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how many times I've read this. How many times it's brought tears to my eyes. How wide it's made me smile. How hard it's made me blush. I could go on and on about how I feel about you but no matter what I say, it all boils down to the fact that I love you more than I ever thought I could - or would let myself - love someone. I didn't know it was possible to be this happy. You're the happiest of all the happy accidents I've had in my life and I'm so lucky that you're mine. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled over here while listening to DSMA...SO STINKIN' SWEET! Gotta go drop a hello to the love of your life now :)

    ReplyDelete