Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week - One Thing To Improve



Yesterday we gave ourselves and our loved ones a big pat on the back for one thing we are great at.  Today let’s look at the flip-side.  We probably all have one thing we could try to do better.  Why not make today the day we start working on it.  No judgments, no scolding, just sharing one small thing we can improve so the DOC can cheer us on!

One thing I think I need to do better at is testing my blood sugar with my meter instead of relying on my Dexcom to be perfectly accurate. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I look at my Dexcom and see that it is stable or that I'm dropping and I treat the high or low with the number on the Dexcom, instead of testing and seeing what the actual number is. That's me being in a rush to go to work. Also, a lot of the time before I get in my car I don't test, which I SHOULD because that it totally unsafe. I just hate taking 10 seconds to stop and test, and sometimes I have to remember that all it is, is 10 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment